Instructions for Purchasing
Amazon Furniture Items
Follow the steps below to order furniture pieces on Amazon for the Beach-themed room for Carousel. The furniture pieces needed & their QR codes were distributed at the 1/10/24 Great Oaks meeting. A copy of the furniture & the QR codes is also attached for your reference.
1. Send an email to Patsy Marchi at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if the item
you want to purchase is still available. Patsy will notify you if it is still available or not. Do not place an order until you get a reply from Patsy.
2. Using the Furniture/QR code sheet you received at the 1/10 Great Oaks meeting, scan the QR code beside the item you want to purchase using the camera feature on your cell phone. (Note: Do not use a QR Reader application downloaded from the App Store).
3. As your phone gets close to the QR code, an outline of a yellow box will appear in your camera. Align the yellow box over the corners of the QR code.
4. Once the QR code is aligned directly inside the yellow box, you will see a yellow rectangular box that says “amazon.com' at the bottom of the camera screen. Press that link.
5. The link will take you to the furniture item you selected on Amazon. Ensure that the item on Amazon matches the item you selected on the Furniture/QR code list that you received at the 1/10 Great Oaks meeting.
6. If you want to purchase the item, add it to your shopping cart. Please note that you will pay taxes in addition to the price of the item.
7. During the check-out process, check the box beside ‘Send this as a gift, include
custom message’. This will notify Carousel that your gift has been purchased and
is on its way.
8. The shipping address for all furniture pieces purchased on Amazon is: Carousel
Center 1501 Dock Street Wilmington, NC 28401. This address must be
entered during the check-out process, otherwise the item will ship to your house.
9. Additionally, Amazon may ask you to enter Carousel’s business phone,
910.254.9898; their hours of operation, 9-5pm Monday-Friday: and whether your
furniture items can be delivered on a Federal Holiday, No.
10. After your item is received, Carousel will send the purchaser a ‘Gift in Kind’ receipt, which will allow you to declare the value of the item you purchased on your tax return (if desired). You can provide the Gift in Kind receipt to your tax accountant along with the receipt for the item(s) you donated.
Thank you for purchasing furniture for Carousel.
Your contribution to furnishing the Beach-themed
room for the Carousel children is much appreciated.
The Great Oaks Club of Landfallwww.greatoaksclub.com